Thursday, June 11, 2015

Transformation Thursday: Pantry Edition

Hello world!  Did you miss us? This is our first post since last summer.  Since I am a school teacher and my husband is an engineer, it is REALLY hard for us to post during the school year.  Summer vacation is really the most opportune time for us to do projects and post about them on here.  This summer I'm not sure that we'll post every day, but we will try to post often. :)

One of the projects I got into this week was cleaning out our pantry in the kitchen.  I was beyond tired of opening up the pantry each day to find that it was jam-packed full of expired canned goods, old candy, and stale graham crackers (I quite literally found four or five boxes of opened graham crackers). Here's the pantry before:


It took about an hour or two to take out everything in the pantry, wipe down the shelves, and mop the floor.  Our pantry now looks like this (!):



I tried to put certain items on the same shelf for organizational purposes.  On the top shelf I placed all of our tins for Christmas cookies, our Advocare drink mixtures, and our Melalueca vitamins.  These are all items that we don't use all that frequently (hence the reason why they're on the top shelf).  The next shelf down has my tea maker, Naturebox snacks, disposable cups, plates, bowls, silverware, etc., my stand mixer attachments, and our Advocare cleanses.  These things we use every now and then.  The next shelf holds our cereal, crackers, and other snacks.  The shelf below that has all of our canned goods and the one below that has bags of various nuts.  The bottom shelf is where we store our bread maker, freezer bags, coolers, casserole carrier, and bonfire sticks.  Here's a closer look at my organization job:  :)


Eventually I would love to invest in some containers (OXO containers would be great with labels!) to put snacks and basic ingredients in.  In my head I imagine our pantry looking something like this image sometime down the road:


Pantry post found here 

But for now as a cheap and temporary fix, our pantry looks like the images I've posted above.  It is a little less of an eye sore now when I open the door.  Thanks to PicStitch, I created a pretty good before and after image of our pantry.



Not too shabby if I do say so myself! :)  I'm just glad that another part (though it be small) of our house is a little more organized.  Lord knows I need everything to be organized or I go a little bit crazy.  Am I the only one that feels this way?

What have you gotten into this week?  Have you organized your pantry?  Share your photos with us--We would love to see! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment