Thursday, July 3, 2014

Whip It Up Wednesday: Berry Excited for the 4th!

Yes, I'm cheesy, but I am legitimately excited for the 4th!  And yes, I know I'm writing this post a day late.

The past couple of days have been SO much fun.  Eric's brother and sister-in-law came to stay with us and we kept busy.  On Tuesday we walked around a gorgeous park that was complete with a waterfall and cave.  On Wednesday we played some tennis, rode bikes (Eric and I rode our first tandem bike!), and we went on a nice family walk.  

The dessert that I bring to you today is one that I made while our guests were here.  It is perfect for a picnic this fourth of July, thanks to its red and blue berries.


Mixed Berry Cheesecake Pudding

3 pkg. Jello Cheesecake Pudding Mix
6 c. milk
1 small pkg. blueberries (or half of a large pkg.)
1 pkg. strawberries
1 pkg. raspberries
1 bag Nature Valley Oats 'n Dark Chocolate Granola
1/2 to 3/4 c. dark chocolate chips

Topping:

1-2 Tbs. honey
1/2 Tbs. cinnamon

Here's a picture of the ingredients (Note: the first picture shows two packages of strawberries and two packages of raspberries...the first time I made this, I wasn't sure how much fruit to put in, but discovered I only needed one package of each):





In a medium sized bowl, empty the packets of cheesecake pudding mix and whip in 6 cups of milk.  It will start out kind of watery, but after whipping it for a few minutes, it will thicken.  It should look something like this:


Next, cut up your strawberries so that they are bite sized.

Then fold in your strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries.


Next, mix in the package of granola and the dark chocolate chips.


After this step, put the berry cheesecake mixture into the fridge for a couple of hours.  When you are ready to serve this dessert, garnish the top with honey and cinnamon (Note: Once I've drizzled/sprinkled these toppings on, I mix them in).

Ta-da!  Now you are ready for the 4th!  Hope you enjoy this recipe and if you try it, let me know what you think in the comment section below! In my opinion it tastes like sweet oatmeal, which equals awesome sauce!

What recipes are you making for the 4th?  What plans do you have for the booming holiday tomorrow?  Fill us in!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment