Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Whip It Up Wednesday: Glazed Lemon Zucchini Bread

This past weekend Eric and I took a trip back to our hometown to visit our parents.  My mom shared with us that she had some zucchinis in her garden this year.  She had already baked 16 loaves of zucchini bread and still had TONS of grated zucchini left over.  I told her that I really wanted to make Glazed Lemon Zucchini Bread, so she offered me some of her zucchini.  I gladly accepted the zucchini and planned on making the bread for none other than Whip It Up Wednesday!  You can find the original recipe here.

Glazed Lemon Zucchini Bread

Ingredients

2 c. cake flour (for those of you that don't know, cake flour is different than regular flour--it has more of a powdered sugar texture)
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking powder
2 eggs
1/2 c. canola oil
1 1/3 c. sugar
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
1/2 c. buttermilk
1 c. grated zucchini

(Note: the original recipe has the zest of 1 lemon.  I did not have a lemon, so I did not add this)

Glaze Ingredients

1 c. powdered sugar
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 Tbsp. milk


The How To:

1. Set oven to 350 degrees.  Grease a 9x5 loaf pan.
2. In a medium sized bowl, combine the flour, salt, and baking powder.  Set aside.


3. Next, whisk eggs in a large bowl.  Mix in oil, sugar, lemon juice, and buttermilk (if you are adding
    the lemon zest, do it here) until well blended.

Whisked eggs pictured above.

Oil and sugar added to whisked eggs.

Lemon juice and buttermilk added into mixture.


4. Fold in zucchini.



5. Little by little, pour the dry mixture into the wet mixture and blend together.



6. Pour batter into greased loaf pan.



7. Bake bread for 40-45 minutes.



8. While the bread is baking, mix the Glaze ingredients together.




9. Spoon the glaze over the bread while it is still warm.  Let the glaze set for a little while before cutting into the bread.


10. Enjoy!!! It is mighty delicious! :)



Do you have a favorite kind of zucchini bread?  Tell us about it! :)

1 comment:

  1. I have been looking for a zucchini bread recipe for awhile now, I like this one a lot! I am going to have to try it! Thank you for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete